- +974 4436 6244
- +974 4436 6277
Water is of vital importance: Plants, animals and humans are composed of 50 – 80 % water, from polluted water or water scarcity however, they suffer, fall ill or even die. Therefore, our common future is endangered when water is not available in sufficient amount and quality.
To improve this situation and find solutions, a lot of governmental bodies, engineering and construction companies as well as pipe manufacturers have focused in this world threatening issue. However, for years' tremendous difficulties were observed when selecting the material of construction for infrastructure systems, which should be suitable to provide anticipated permanent solutions.
Over the last decades the inherent weaknesses of concrete, clay, ductile, PVC and steel caused tremendous problems in existing sewer pipe systems, as they tend to be brittle or are too sensitive to aggressive chemicals and soil conditions. Failures had become a common occurrence worldwide in sewer and other large-diameter pipe applications. In addition, they have an unprofitable relation between cost & benefit.
So DRPS derived benefit from the fact that the processing of HDPE is very easy and the plastic materials provide superior properties against adverse effects of the ambient and the chemicals. In addition to the permanent solution that lasts through generations, DRPS piping system is able to provide everlasting and economic solutions in wide-ranging fields of applications as for example drain, storm drain and sewer system as well as sea outfall, manholes and reservoirs dewatering.
In order to meet the requirements of the infrastructure systems, DRPS has developed the most robust and advantageous large-bore-pipe systems of which all features are described in detail in this brochure.
Lower life cycle costs:
- Corrosion resistance. Does not rust, rot or corrode.
- Leak tight. Heat-fused joints create a homogenous, monolithic system. The fusion joint is stronger than the pipe.
- Maintains optimum flow rates. Does not tuberculate, has a high resistance to scale or biological build-up.
- Excellent water hammer characteristics. Designed to withstand surge events.
- High strain allowance. Virtually eliminates breakage due to freezing pipes.
- Additional cost savings are achieved by lower instance of repairs.
- With no exfiltration or infiltration, potable water losses and groundwater nuisance treatment costs.
Features & Advantages of HDPE Pipes
There are lots of technical & economic advantages in using HDPE pipes as compared to other conventional pipes.
- Light weight
- Safe to use
- Strong and durable
- Resistant to abrasion
- Low thermal & electrical conductivity
- Low cost of installation and maintenance
- Long lasting life of minimum 50 years
- Better flow characteristics
- Smooth internal and external surface.
- No corrosion & abrasion, no scale formation. Inert to chemicals & hence can carry acidic & alkaline fluids.
- Leak free joints, no repairs needed.
- Lower Surge Pressure - As compared to other conventional pipes, the HDPE piping system components are subjected to a much lower surge pressure.
- Lowest frictional losses, lower pumping cost
- Zero Maintenance
- Re-usable: HDPE pipes can be easily dismantled from a particular location & application & can be easily re-used at different locations
- LONG LIFE as against only a few years' life of conventional pipes such as C.I., PVC, GI, Steel, Cement, etc., the calculated life of HDPE pipes is 50 years at normal working temperature and pressure.